Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend


I can't believe that the 4th of July weekend
has already come and gone!
But it was a fun one!
Friday afternoon, Greg and I
were able to go boating with
the Ostler family. I forgot to take
my camera on the boat but we had a great time
(I'm a little ashamed to say that I only left the boat to get on
and then get off. No tubing or water skiing for me. Maybe next time)

Saturday night we hung out in the circle,
and set off tons of fireworks!
We were also able to watch tons going off
all over the city because of the parent's great house location!
Here are some pics from all the firework fun!

Please excuse my horrible camera - it doesn't like night time.
Not sure how I managed to get this picture! Kinda crazy.
(and a little scary! Greg.)


Love the patriotic hat!
Dan and Greg were up to no good!


Greg holding a bottle rocket in his hand while it went off!
Oh, and that's a lit punk in his mouth. Nice.
Kayleb


Towards the end of our firework fun, Greg noticed a reflection in the second
story window of the house. For a second, he thought the house was on fire,
but then realized that it was just a reflection but that something somewhere
was actually on fire. So we took off up the street a few block and this is what we saw....

The whole side of the hill was on fire.
It was so crazy to watch. It wasn't really close to us,
but it wasn't that far away either. The wind was
blowing also, which didn't help.
Luckily (and as far as I know) no one was hurt,
and no houses were burnt down. The fire happened to
be on the other side of canal, just across the street from houses,
but they were able to get it put out before it caused serious damage.
We are pretty sure it was fireworks that started it,
because in the middle of the fire, all these fireworks
started going off, like whoever started the fire, ditched their fireworks
before they took off. It was pretty intense to stand there and watch it all.

But all in all, we had a great weekend,
and hope you all did too!

1 comment:

Karri said...

don't ya hate when you forget your camera! You guys are such a cute couple! Glad you had a fun weekend.